Car ownership costs can add up quickly. Between monthly payment, insurance premiums, fuel costs, and maintenance, it’s easy to go over budget if you’re not careful. That’s why it’s so important to take all of these factors into consideration BEFORE you buy - you not only want to wind up with the right car for your drive time needs, but also for your budget.
How can you easily cut own on car ownership costs?
Luckily, there are ways to trim down your car ownership costs in the new year and Toyota of N Charlotte is here with tips to help you do just that. Cut your budget and save money in 2020 with these helpful hints!
Did you know that altering your driving habits can help bring down car ownership costs? Use these tips accordingly:
- Join a carpool. Not only will this cut down on fuel costs, it also brings down the number of miles on your car so you don’t have to schedule maintenance, repairs, and replacements as frequently.
- Go easy on the accelerator. Slamming on the gas pedal wastes fuel and brings fuel costs up.
- Use cruise control when it’s appropriate. Maintaining a constant speed will boost your fuel efficiency. However, you should only use this tool in good weather on the highway when there’s not traffic.
- Consolidate your errands into fewer trips and plan your route before you leave the house. Be sure to check traffic and make sure you’re taking the most efficient route to your final destination to save on miles and fuel.
- Empty your trunk and backseat out so you can raise the fuel efficiency of your car - extra weight drags it down and makes your car use more gas.
Schedule routine car care at Toyota of N Charlotte to save on car ownership costs
We say it all the time, but only because it’s true. It’s essential to keep your car on a routine service schedule at Toyota of N Charlotte. Routine service keeps all of your car’s parts in good shape so they don’t wear out or break as quickly or as often. Here are some routine car care appointments you want to keep:
- Oil changes
- Wheel alignments
- Tire rotations and balances
- Air and oil filter changes
- Coolant checks and flushes
- Battery service
- Brake service
Insurance can add up, but there are a few easy ways to cut those costs. Check out these N Charlotte Toyota tips:
- Ask about student discounts for high school and college students.
- Bundle your insurance. Consider getting your auto insurance from the same company as your homeowners or renter’s insurance - sometimes that will get you a discount.
- Maintain good driving habits to avoid getting pulled over. Tickets and citations drive insurance costs up.
- Inform your insurance company about all the safety features your N Charlotte Toyota has. The more safety features a car has, the cheaper it’ll be to insure it.
Want more tips or need to schedule car maintenance and get on a routine schedule? Call Toyota of N Charlotte! We’re here and ready to help seven days a week at (704) 659-2020. Cut your car ownership costs for the new year and save!
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group