CHARLOTTE, N.C. — For those of us with pets at home, we know they're really part of the family.
[ALSO READ: Charlotte-Mecklenburg animal shelter reaches overcrowding levels]
But veterinary bills alone can add up fast. Add in groomers, pet sitting services and food, and it can be very difficult for some families to manage.
Stand for Animals is the only nonprofit veterinary clinic in the Charlotte area.
>> In the video at the top of this page, reporter Elsa Gillis explains how they're working to make sure every family can afford a pet.
To learn more about Stand for Animals click here. To learn more about another nonprofit they work with, Apparo, click here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'It's madness down here': 1 dead, 1 hurt in officer-involved shooting at Epicentre
- Family upset after man who killed young mother gets 38-58 months behind bars
- High school football team barred from playoffs after fight on field
- FORECAST: Scattered showers Friday before weekend sunshine
- Private school founder gets federal prison term for role in human trafficking
Cox Media Group