CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Monday kicks off Amazon's annual Amazon Prime Day.
The one-day sale begins at 3 p.m. Eastern time and will continue for the following 36 hours.
If you want, your purchase on Amazon Prime Day can help a charity Action 9 is partnering with to help wipe away $1 million worth of medical debt in the Charlotte area.
The charity is called RIP Medical Debt.
You will want to sign in to "Amazon Smile."
Then, search "RIP Medical Debt."
Finally, you shop. You will find the same prices, but a portion of your purchase will go toward this charity. Amazon will donate half a percent of your purchase to RIP Medical Debt.
Action 9 is working with RIP to wipe away $1 million worth of medical debt in the Charlotte area.
If you receive a yellow envelope in the mail, this means some of your doctor bills are going to be erased.
Action 9 is not picking patients and we do not know who you are, but if you receive a yellow envelope, do not throw it away. It is not a scam!
Please contact us - we would love to hear the good news!
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Manhunt underway after Caldwell County deputy shot during traffic stop
- Dog found abandoned, left with note in Folly Beach looking for new home
- MEDIC: Man hospitalized following shooting in University City
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Monday forecast outlook
- 5 escape unharmed after flames engulf south Charlotte home
© 2019 Cox Media Group.