LINCOLN COUNTY, N.C. - A Lincolnton man said he’s lucky to be alive after two armed men broke into his home, tied him up and shot him.
Kenneth Schug told Channel 9 reporter Ken Lemon that his home on Country Club Road was broken into around 2:15 a.m. Monday.
The 75-year-old said the men managed to tie one of his hands before he tried to fight back. That’s when he was shot.
Schug said one bullet went through his jaw, knocking out a tooth. A fragment of the bullet is still lodged in his mouth.
He was taken to the hospital, where he was treated for his injuries and then released.
Police are investigating the home invasion. No descriptions of the suspects have been released.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CATS bus driver shot several times at uptown transit center; man in custody
- Trooper critically hurt in crash while chasing car; search continues for driver
- Former NASCAR promoter Humpy Wheeler puts lakefront property on market
- FORECAST: Cold front, strong storms cut off relentless heatwave
- Missing ECU student found dead near Wrightsville Beach
© 2019 Cox Media Group.