CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Two of three suspects accused of holding up a bank and trying to rob a Family Dollar in Charlotte will face a judge Tuesday.
The trio was arrested Monday after police said they tried to rob the Family Dollar on Beatties Ford Road at gunpoint before robbing the Wells Fargo Bank on West Sugar Creek Road minutes later.
Police said the suspects fled the bank in a vehicle that looked like the same one used in the attempted robbery at the Family Dollar.
Officers quickly spotted the car and tried to pull it over, but the driver refused to stop, instead, leading police on a chase. The suspects jumped out of the car near the intersection of Freedom Drive and Little Rock Road and ran away before eventually being captured, police said.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
A fourth person was in the car but was not charged, according to CMPD.
No injuries or other wrecks were reported during the pursuit.
Police have not yet released the suspect's names and the investigation is ongoing.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- WATCH: Shark boldly swims along SC shore, feet away from beachgoers
- Driver hits two women in uptown before crashing on railroad tracks, police say
- CMPD investigating after man hit, killed by light rail train in University City
- FORECAST: Heat, humidity, afternoon storm chances again the story
- Gaston County man says he was tied up during home invasion, robbery
© 2019 Cox Media Group.