CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte-Mecklenburg police have identified the man that was hit and killed Sunday night by a Blue Line light rail train in University City.
The collision happened around 11:30 p.m. on North Tryon Street at University Pointe Boulevard, near the Walmart.
Police said Marty Lee Parrott III, 22, was crossing the intersection when he was struck by the light rail train. He was rushed to the hospital but later died.
Investigators said the crossing bars, warning lights, and audible warning signals were all working properly at the time of the collision.
The incident remains under investigation.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for more information.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- WATCH: Shark boldly swims along SC shore, feet away from beachgoers
- Driver hits two women in uptown before crashing on railroad tracks, police say
- CMPD investigating after man hit, killed by light rail train in University City
- FORECAST: Heat, humidity, afternoon storm chances again the story
- Gaston County man says he was tied up during home invasion, robbery
© 2019 Cox Media Group.