CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Police say a 15-year-old and a 16-year-old carjacked someone in west Charlotte and led police on a chase all the way through Chester County.
It started around 2 a.m. Tuesday at the Walmart on Wilkinson Boulevard.
A man reported two teens claimed they had a gun and they stole his car. Police found the car a bit later, and tried to pull the teens over but they did not stop.
Police chased the pair down Interstate 77 into York and Chester Counties.
Deputies took over for Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officers, and they finally caught up to the teens near Mile Marker 52, which was 50 miles from the Walmart.
Officials said no one crashed and no injuries were reported.
Police said the teens will be charged as juveniles.
No other information has been released.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Read list of 14 priests accused of child sex abuse since Charlotte Diocese was established
- 2 teens accused of carjacking man in Charlotte, leading officers on multi-county chase
- Police release 911 calls made during deadly Concord Mills Mall shooting
- FORECAST: Sunshine, cooler temps move in for New Year’s Eve
- ‘Acted quickly and with selflessness’: NC officer saves woman moments before train crash