HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. - Huntersville police said they’re investigating after several people reportedly became ill after a workplace gathering.
A viewer told Channel 9 that Panera Bread catered the event at American Tire Distributors in Huntersville, and some people started feeling sick after eating brownies.
Emergency workers said they took three people to the hospital. The viewer told Channel 9 doctors found high levels of THC in their systems, which is the active ingredient in pot.
Police said they responded with MEDIC, but they don’t know where the food came from or if it was tainted with pot.
They said they plan to test the food, and they’re looking into whether it came from Panera Bread or someplace else.
Panera Bread’s corporate office sent a statement saying, “We are diligently investigating this situation and will take appropriate action once we know all the facts surrounding this incident."
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man surrenders, taken into custody after SWAT standoff in Clover
- Funeral arrangements announced for beloved Mooresville police officer
- Problems foam over at inaugural Untappd Beer Fest at BofA Stadium
- FORECAST: Another picture perfect day before humid air, rain return
- 2 men accused of being drunk, assaulting people at Charlotte airport
© 2019 Cox Media Group.