CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The man accused of pulling the trigger during a deadly robbery at a south Charlotte Steak 'n Shake earlier this month appeared in court for the first time Friday.
He was released from the hospital Thursday and booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail.
Police said Eddie Doh, 30, shot and killed restaurant employee Darnell Harris, 48, July 9 during a hold up at the Steak 'n Shake on South Boulevard near Westinghouse Boulevard.
Channel 9's DaShawn Brown said Doh walked into court Friday expressionless and silent.
Harris' best friend and former co-worker Anthony Townsend said he came to court Friday because he wanted to see Doh face-to-face.
"Unfortunately, I saw a lack of concern," Townsend said. "No remorse. I can't really say what I saw. I saw evil. I saw hate."
Witnesses said Harris was killed when he stepped in between another employee and Doh.
- Police release names of victims, robber in deadly Steak 'n Shake shooting
- Masked man with gun robs restaurant near Northlake Mall, police say
Doh also allegedly shot a customer, Robbie Carpenter Jr., several times. Carpenter, 53, is recovering in a hospital.
Kiara Monique Murphy drove Doh to the Steak ‘n Shake and dropped him off. She was arrested the day after the shooting.
Doh was injured in a shootout with Pineville police officers and was in the hospital until Thursday.
Doh is charged with first-degree murder, attempted first-degree murder, assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, four robbery-related charges and possession of a firearm by a felon.
Doh also reportedly held up the East Coast Wings near Northlake Mall the week before.
A GoFundMe has been set up to help Harris' family.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'I'm never gonna be the same': Gastonia mom heartbroken after son shot to death
- Troopers speak out against 'exit jumping' on Charlotte interstates
- Raleigh father and son save grandfather from drowning at Ocean Isle Beach
- Cintra 'disappointed' with plan to convert I-77 shoulders into lanes
- FORECAST: Extreme heat, humidity will grip region through weekend
© 2019 Cox Media Group.