INDIAN TRAIL, N.C. - There have been several break-ins recently at businesses in Indian Trail, the Union County Sheriff’s Office said.
The burglars used the smash-and-grab method at those businesses, including:
- Sabor Latin Street Grill
- Chinatown Buffet
- Jet’s Pizza
- Jersey Mike's Subs
- New York Pizza and Pasta
"Apparently, there was a little shopping spree last night by some robbers," Sabor owner David Dill said.
All the break-ins happened early Wednesday morning and were within 5 miles of each other.
“They were quickly gaining entry into the establishments, targeting the cash register, or safe or both and probably out in 30 or 45 seconds," said Tony Underwood, spokesman for the Union County Sheriff’s Office. Investigators are viewing surveillance video and hoping for a quick arrest.
"They (were) wearing gloves,” Underwood said. “They're wearing headgear in each case, but hopefully somebody will recognize them."
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Major changes coming to southern stretch of I-485
- Director of human resources for Richmond County charged with trafficking opium
- Husband questioned after body believed to be missing NC woman found
- FORECAST: Highs near 70 and dry before wet weather swings in Friday
- CMPD hands out messages to remind families they do not enforce immigration laws
© 2019 Cox Media Group.