RICHMOND COUNTY, N.C. - The Richmond County Sheriff’s Office said officials arrested a woman for felony trafficking opium, among other charges.
Deputies said they arrested Lori Lynn Tadlock, 49, after a two-month investigation with the Moore County Sheriff’s Office.
Richmond County’s official website lists Tadlock as its director of human resources.
Investigators said they received information that she was receiving the same type of prescriptions from different prescribers. They said she did it with two different medical providers on two different occasions.
“On Tuesday, I was made aware that the County Human Resources Director, Ms. Lori Tadlock, had been arrested on serious criminal charges,” County Manager Bryan Land said in a statement. “As a result Ms. Tadlock is currently on leave pending investigation of the situation by the County. There is no further information to provide at this time.”
Tadlock is charged with felony obtain prescription by misrepresentation, felony trafficking opium, misdemeanor simple possession of Sch. II C.S. and felony insurance fraud.
Officials said she was arrested and released on a $75,000 bond. Her first court appearance will be March 28.
Check back for updates on this developing story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Major changes coming to southern stretch of I-485
- Director of human resources for Richmond County charged with trafficking opium
- Husband questioned after body believed to be missing NC woman found
- FORECAST: Highs near 70 and dry before wet weather swings in Friday
- CMPD hands out messages to remind families they do not enforce immigration laws
© 2019 Cox Media Group.