CLEVELAND COUNTY, N.C. - Channel 9 was there when a missing 8-year-old boy was found safe late Friday night.
Dozens of deputies and firefighters spent hours looking for Tristen “Bugs” Woodrum near Maple Valley Drive of Shelby in Cleveland County.
People at the scene said the boy's brother found him.
"They just said they found him up at the end of the road under some Siphon trees. That he'd got somebody's rug off their front porch and he went to sleep under em'," said a volunteer.
Tristen got in trouble at school and was facing disciplinary action before he disappeared, authorities said.
According to officials, he was reported missing just after 7:15 p.m. when another child saw him walking away from his home.
The boy is now back with his family.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'He was laying on that step': Man found shot to death outside southeast Charlotte apartments
- Missing 8-year-old Cleveland County boy reportedly found by brother sleeping under tree
- WEEKEND IN VIEW: Where to find weekend fun in the Queen City
- FORECAST: 'Winter reality check' arrives as temperatures plunge across Carolinas
- Police identify suspect accused of leading officers on 90-minute chase across Charlotte
© 2019 Cox Media Group.