CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A billboard went up on I-77 in north Charlotte on Monday to protest the actions of U.S. Sen. Thom Tillis.
A community activist raised thousands of dollars to put up the billboard to draw attention to Tillis' absence from town hall meetings, and inspire people to get involved in the political process.
The billboard, near Sunset Road, will be up for a month.
Channel 9 reached out to Tillis’ office over the weekend for a reaction, but has not heard back.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Business owners taking action after 5 stabbed at hookah bar
- WATCH: Linville Gorge wildfire spreads to 600 acres in Burke County
- Card skimmer found on Rock Hill ATM, police say
- Tips pour in after teen taken by teacher triggers nationwide alert
- Missing NC teen found dead in woods
- Man on run after attempted 'execution-style' slaying in Badin
© 2018 Cox Media Group.