CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Police said they’ve charged the driver who caused a fatal crash Wednesday morning in east Charlotte.
Officers said Marla Sadowski, 36, is charged with second-degree murder and driving while impaired.
Police had to close Eastway Drive at Central Avenue after the two-vehicle crash just before 5 a.m.
Officers said Larry Eugene Morrow, 64, was pronounced dead at the scene. Sadowski, who police said has a prior DWI conviction, suffered minor injuries in the crash.
Investigators said Sadowski, who was driving a 2016 Subaru, was traveling on Eastway Drive, ran a red light and crashed into a 2018 Chevrolet, driven by Morrow.
Police said Sadowski was impaired from alcoholic beverages.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Early morning earthquakes rattle Tennessee; felt as far away as Charlotte
- Busy east Charlotte road shut down as police investigate deadly crash
- Photo shows Mark Harris and man at center of election fraud investigation together
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Wednesday forecast outlook
- NC deputy on leave after video posted of him slamming teen sisters to ground
© 2019 Cox Media Group.