MOORESVILLE, N.C. — Emergency officials had to block a busy highway in Iredell County after a deadly crash early Thursday morning.
Crews were called to Coddle Creek Highway near Johnson Dairy Road in Mooresville just before 5:30 a.m.
Officials told Channel 9 on the scene that it appeared a car crashed into the back of a tractor-trailer and that a woman inside the car had died.
Investigators have not released any further information.
Coddle Creek Highway closed between Johnson Dairy Road and Rocky River Road.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories from wsoctv.com:
- Concord man arrested for not returning VHS rental 14 years later
- Drive a bit over the limit? North Carolina says that's too fast
- Busy Iredell County highway closed after deadly crash
- Police warn to keep vehicles locked after rash of bear break-ins
- SC mother says 11-year-old son died during 'pass-out game'
- McCrory signs bill striking down Charlotte LGBT bathroom ordinance
Cox Media Group