CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A busy intersection in University City was shut down Tuesday afternoon after a serious crash.
Chopper 9 Skyzoom flew over the scene at East Mallard Creek Church Road at Bonnie Cone Lane around 4 p.m.
We could see at least three vehicles involved with serious damage. It appears two of the cars crashed head-on.
Mallard Creek Church Road was shut down in both directions for the investigation.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest traffic updates.
Officials said three people were hurt in the crash but had minor injuries.
Check back for updates on this developing story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Judge won't lower $1M bond for assistant principal accused of having sex with student
- CMPD Chief Kerr Putney retiring at end of year, but will return for RNC
- Introducing Charlotte’s 'Best Places to Work'
- FORECAST: Cold front brings dip in temps, cloudy skies, not much rain
- More accusers come forward after Belmont preacher charged with child sex crimes
© 2019 Cox Media Group.