CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton is helping pump new life into a critical resource for area teens.
Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Charlotte offers a safe place to go, which is off the streets, but some of their teen hangout rooms are in desperate need of repair.
In the video at the top of this web page, reporter DaShawn Brown spoke to Newton about renovating those rooms using the kids’ ideas.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police: Impaired father accused of kidnapping Gastonia toddler in custody after crash in Charlotte
- Police chief: Albemarle officer uninjured after shot at by shooter with 'high-powered rifle'
- WT Harris reopens in east Charlotte after abandoned house destroyed in fire
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Monday forecast outlook
- Man dies from stabbing in Mount Holly
© 2019 Cox Media Group.