CHARLOTTE, N.C. - An abandoned home was destroyed in a fire Monday morning in east Charlotte, causing road closures in the area.
The fire happened early Monday morning on East W.T. Harris Boulevard, north of Albemarle Road.
Officials said W.T. Harris was shut down in the area as crews worked the fire and had a water line running across the roadway.
Duke Energy was called to the scene to disconnect the power line to the house. Officials said this is normal procedure.
No injuries were reported.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for more information.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police: Impaired father accused of kidnapping Gastonia toddler in custody after crash in Charlotte
- Police chief: Albemarle officer uninjured after shot at by shooter with 'high-powered rifle'
- WT Harris reopens in east Charlotte after abandoned house destroyed in fire
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Monday forecast outlook
- Man dies from stabbing in Mount Holly
© 2019 Cox Media Group.