CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Police are trying to figure out how a car ended up upside down in a creek bed Friday morning after apparently crashing off a bridge just outside uptown Charlotte.
The wreck happened around 6:30 a.m. on Parkwood Avenue near Brevard Street, next to Optimist Hall.
Channel 9 crews could see the car on its roof in the creek below the bridge. Paramedics said the driver was able to get out of the vehicle and was not seriously hurt.
#Breaking driver flipped car off the Brevard St bridge into creek below near Optimist Hall just outside Uptown. NB Brevard is blocked. WATCH @TrafficTeam9 now on @wsoctv Ch.9 pic.twitter.com/KlCd20W4Xo— Erika Hammond (@ErikaRHammond) November 8, 2019
A wrecker crew was called to the scene and was able to pull the car up and tow it away just before 9 a.m.
Parkwood Avenue was blocked while police investigated.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police identify man killed after fight with friend at Ballantyne townhouse
- Kemba Walker brought to tears during emotional Charlotte return
- Man found dead on Chester County road, deputies say
- FORECAST: Drying out before hard freeze arrives this weekend
- Car ends up on its roof in creek after crashing off bridge near uptown
© 2019 Cox Media Group.