CHARLOTTE — Finding affordable housing is getting increasingly harder to do for people across the nation.
From rising rent to property tax increases, many are facing challenges finding somewhere they can afford to live.
Channel 9 has been investigating the crisis in Charlotte and its surrounding counties for years, and we’re dedicated to being a part of the solution.
Now, we’re diving into these issues and into the help that is available.
Channel 9 has a special presentation about the housing crisis and the solutions local leaders have already come up with.
>> In the video at the top of the page, join us for “The Carolinas Get Real: Priced out of Charlotte.”
You can read each story below:
- ‘It’s simple living’: Some find unique solutions to affordable housing crisis
- Couple builds home after exhaustive search for existing one in competitive market
- Spending a lot on rent applications? Platform similar to Common App in the works
- How is the City of Charlotte addressing the affordable housing crisis?
- Longtime residents face uncertain future after property values skyrocket
- ‘The twilight zone’: Woman says she went from new Gastonia home to homelessness
- Who’s responsible for dangerous living conditions many Charlotte renters face?
- Priced Out of Charlotte: County-by-County Resource Guide
- ‘Pretty shocking’: Man says cash offers made buying home difficult
- Organization looks at maximizing space to help families find affordable homes
(WATCH BELOW: City leaders eye Ballantyne for affordable housing development)
©2023 Cox Media Group