CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Cedar Fair Entertainment Co. continues to pump investment, rides and attractions into Carowinds.
The theme park on Thursday announced a new water-slide feature to open in its Carolina Harbor Waterpark and the start of a Mardi Gras-style festival and street party, complete with tossed beads, for the 2020 season.
Carowinds, owned by Sandusky, Ohio-based Cedar Fair, has been making significant investments since 2013. The park's opening this spring brought another roller coaster, Copperhead Strike, and a themed area called Blue Ridge Junction. A 100-room dormitory that will house students in tourism and hospitality college programs is close to opening. And a 130-room SpringHill Suites by Marriott is finishing up construction on park property and is on schedule to open in late fall.
Read more about the coming attractions and check out additional images and video here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Earnhardt Jr. won't be in booth for Bristol race following fiery plane crash
- UNC professor, girls' softball coach among 14 arrested in prostitution raid
- Drivers claim they're being charged by mistake for using I-77 toll lanes
- FORECAST: Heat wave rolls on ahead of Panthers preseason game
- Burke County school receptionist fired, indicted on child sex charges
© 2019 Cox Media Group.