CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The Charlotte Knights are auctioning off game-worn and autographed Charlotte 49ers-themed caps with proceeds to benefit Niner Nation Unites.
The caps were worn by the Knights during their game just one day after the tragedy that rocked the University of North Carolina Charlotte when a gunman started shooting on campus.
Niner Nation Unites was established after the overwhelming desire to unite around UNCC following the shootings.
All funds will support the needs of the victims and their families.
The Charlotte Knights 49ers-themed hat auction will be from July 4 until July 9.
The fundraiser will honor the two young men who lost their lives that day, Riley Howell and Ellis “Reed” Parlier, as well as all other victims who suffered both visible and unseen injuries since then.
On Sunday, July 7 the Knights will welcome one of the survivors, Drew Pescaro, to throw the ceremonial first pitch before Charlotte’s game against the Norfolk Tides.
To bid on a hat and support the cause, click here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD looking for woman who told Wendy's workers she was kidnapped
- Officials investigating fire at Fort Mill fireworks store as possible arson
- Man arrested days after girlfriend found stabbed to death inside home
- CMPD officer hit by car while working Lake Wylie fireworks event
- Fire Marshal: 'Interior gas leak' most likely caused Ballantyne house explosion
© 2019 Cox Media Group.