CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A Charlotte spirit has caught the attention of Esquire magazine, which recently released its list of best whiskeys in every state.
Great Wagon Road’s Rua snagged the honor for North Carolina.
The publication notes there are around 2,000 distilleries in the U.S. Its selections recognize distillers that distill their own product.
Ollie Mulligan — a native of County Kildare, Ireland — is behind Great Wagon Road. He founded that South End distillery in 2013.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'Sad to see this happen': Massive flames gut Statesville church
- Homeowner: Mooresville Airbnb guest shot confronting break-in suspects
- 9 investigates: Tainted gasoline complaints on the rise across NC
- FORECAST: Damp and dreary start to the work week
- Trial set to begin for man accused of murder during 2016 Charlotte riots
© 2019 Cox Media Group.