CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Detectives are conducting a death investigation Friday morning in south Charlotte, according to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department.
Officers responded before 4 a.m. to a home on Mountainview Drive, off Sardis Road after someone called 911 to report a domestic assault.
When paramedics arrived, they found a man unconscious inside the home. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police have identified him as 59-year-old Joseph Grosjean.
CMPD Maj. Mike Campagna said the death was a domestic situation and that detectives were interviewing family members to figure out what happened.
He said all indications are that Grosjean died as a result of an altercation between family members in the house.
Campagna told Channel 9 that police are not looking for a suspect and that nobody else was injured.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man dead following domestic assault in south Charlotte, police say
- Paintball shooters say it's just a game: 'We're not doing anything violent'
- Woman killed in multi-car crash on I-77 near state line
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Friday forecast outlook
- Boone police charge 3 after drugs found on Migos tour bus
- Former health dept. employee says he was fired for being whistleblower
© 2019 Cox Media Group.