CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department said it's investigating three home invasions that occurred within 2,000 feet of each other in east Charlotte early Monday morning.
According to CMPD, even though the crimes occurred so close together, they appear not to be connected.
Reported home invasions overnight:
- 1:13 a.m.- A woman says a suspect kicked open her door on Delta Crossing Lane while she was sleeping. She told police the suspect saw her and ran out of the apartment.
- 1:35 a.m.- A group of about four men entered a home on Wallace Glen Drive and robbed two men and a woman at gunpoint. No one was injured.
- 3:22 a.m.- A group of about five men forced their way into an apartment on Parkland Circle and robbed a man and woman at gunpoint. Both victims were hit with a gun, but are expected to be OK.
Victims in a home along Wallace Glen Drive said four armed suspects broke into the residence and stole several items.
In the second robbery, only a quarter mile away in an apartment in Parkland Circle, police said there were five armed suspects.
Police said there were two victims at home when the five suspects broke in and stole money, jewelry and some marijuana.
There was no one at the apartment when Channel 9 went there Monday morning, but our crews could see where the door had been damaged.
We went back later Monday and spoke with two people who said that five men with guns burst in and robbed them.
They said that by the time officers arrived, the suspects were gone.
Neighbor Andrew Farr said he had heard what sounded like a party upstairs but didn’t know until Channel 9 told him there was a robbery.
“Well I just moved here two weeks ago,” said Farr. “It’s a little concerning. The fact that this is going on, especially in my building,”
Police haven’t said yet if they have any possible suspects.
Channel 9 noticed several surveillance cameras outside the home on Wallace Glen Drive, a good place for investigators to start as they try to identify the gunmen.
No arrests have been made.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Woman found shot, killed after domestic violence call in east Charlotte
- Officials: Lancaster couple hit patrol cars, ran over officer's legs before shot dead by police
- District 9 election hearing set for Tuesday; Harris won't attend due to illness
- WATCH: Meteorologist Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
- Coast Guard medevacs woman from cruise ship off North Carolina coast
© 2019 Cox Media Group.