CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, S.C. - A judge denied bond Monday for a man who reportedly shot and killed a teenager as she rode in a car in Pageland.
The Chesterfield County coroner told Channel 9 that 18-year-old Amber Horton was shot to death on Highway 151, south of Pageland, around 11 p.m. on June 19.
Witnesses told deputies that a dark blue Dodge Charger driven by 19-year-old Ryu Hough followed Horton and her friend down Highway 151 and fired several shots out the driver's side window at their car.
The Sheriff’s Office said Horton, who was the front seat passenger, was shot once in the upper torso and died after being rushed to the hospital.
Authorities had been looking for Hough, who was considered armed and dangerous, but said he turned himself in at the Sheriff's Office Friday.
He has been charged with murder, attempted murder, shooting into a motor vehicle and use of a weapon in the commission of a violent crime.
The investigation is ongoing.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMS board suspends Superintendent Dr. Clayton Wilcox
- 1 dead, another hurt after hit by car during police chase, officials say
- Charlotte woman dies after 'hard landing' while skydiving in Chester Co.
- 3 people, including teen, found stabbed inside northwest Charlotte home
- FORECAST: Steam sticks around all week; not much rain relief
- Deputies: Signs of struggle inside Union County home where man found dead
© 2019 Cox Media Group.