CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Construction on a $30 million project in north Charlotte should start in the first quarter of 2019.
That project will meld retail and hospitality, with plans calling for a five-story, 125-room hotel and 29,600 square feet of commercial space for retail and fast-casual restaurants, says Trent Gustafson, president of Gustafson Partners Commercial Real Estate.
The project gained rezoning approval earlier this month.
“We’ve been pursuing this tract of land for a number of years,” Gustafson says. “That intersection is ground zero for the Northlake Mall trade area.”
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Who is McCrae Dowless, man who appears to be center of 9th District investigation?
- Police: North Carolina teacher had sexual ties with student
- Community petitions to allow father of slain Lumberton teen into US for funeral
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Monday forecast outlook
- Moving photo of George H.W. Bush's service dog lying near casket
© 2018 Cox Media Group.