CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A domestic violence incident led to a SWAT standoff at a Charlotte home early Saturday morning, police said.
A woman called police after she said her boyfriend, Keishaun Harper, 39, had a gun and assaulted her at a home on Mona Drive near Statesville Avenue around 12:37 a.m.
Police said once they arrived at the scene, Harper refused to come out and barricaded himself inside the home.
SWAT was called in, which led to a standoff that ended with Harper surrendering, according to officials.
Harper was charged with assault by strangulation, communicating threats, domestic violence protective order violation and assault with a deadly weapon. He was also served warrants that weren’t connected to this incident.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police: Woman escapes human trafficker in Pineville; 2 people charged
- Bear spotted roaming around local neighborhood
- I-77 northbound in Charlotte has reopened after shooting, four car crash, police say
- Video shows Carolina Panthers fans brawling during weather delay
- Appalachian State fraternity loses university recognition until 2023
© 2019 Cox Media Group.