CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Interstate 77 northbound in Charlotte was shut down for seven hours after a shooting and crash Saturday morning, police said.
Occupants in two vehicles were shooting at each other, according to the crime report. The drivers then fled the scene.
“I don’t know the whole psychological thing behind it,” Charlotte resident Naeem Higgins said. “What leads people to violent, heinous acts?”
According to officials, I-77 was blocked between Brookshire Freeway and LaSalle Street after a shooting led to a crash involving four cars.
Officials said one person showed up at a hospital seriously hurt. Their condition is unknown.
No arrests have been made at this point.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
No other information has been released.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this investigation.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police: Woman escapes human trafficker in Pineville; 2 people charged
- Bear spotted roaming around local neighborhood
- I-77 northbound in Charlotte has reopened after shooting, four car crash, police say
- Video shows Carolina Panthers fans brawling during weather delay
- Appalachian State fraternity loses university recognition until 2023
© 2019 Cox Media Group.