CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Several emergency agencies are investigating a serious crash on Interstate 77 near Huntersville Monday morning.
The crash happened just before 11 a.m. on the ramp from I-77 southbound to the Interstate 485 outer loop.
*MVA Update 2* Serious accident, no pin-in, however one priority patient. Expect heavy traffic on I-77 Southbound past the scene. Continue to use caution in the area & YIELD to responding units #MoveOver #CLTtraffic— Huntersville Fire (@Huntersville_FD) October 29, 2019
Investigators told Channel 9's Anthony Kustura it appears one of the vehicles involved hit a construction truck and created a chain reaction impacting the third vehicle. NCDOT confirmed the crash involved a subcontractor.
MEDIC said one person was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
From Chopper 9 SkyZoom, we could see at least three cars involved with heavy damage to each of the vehicles.
Officials said two lanes on I-77 southbound were closed as crews investigated the crash.
Authorities have not said what led to the collision and if anyone will face any charges.
The North Carolina State Highway Patrol is now investigating the crash.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for more information.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Gunmen hold up restaurant at busy south Charlotte shopping center
- Former assistant principal pleads guilty to having sex with two students
- 2 killed after Amtrak train, vehicle collide in Harrisburg
- FORECAST: Cloudy all day as wet weather threatens Halloween plans
- 'Day of kindness' marks one year since deadly shooting inside Butler HS
© 2019 Cox Media Group.