CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A woman died when she drove into the back of a Freightliner truck Wednesday afternoon in west Charlotte, police said.
Police said 63-year-old Sandra Ellen Jackson, who was driving a Hyundai Sonata, died at the hospital following the crash at around 2:30 p.m. in the 3300 block of West Boulevard between Billy Graham Parkway and Old Steele Creek Road.
Investigators said the truck was parked in the right lane for about 30 minutes and had its flashers on when the Sonata plowed into the back of the truck.
Police said the driver of the Sonata was not wearing a seat belt. The truck was unoccupied at the time of the crash.
Check back for updates on this developing story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Casey Hathaway missing: FBI, state officials join effort to find missing NC 3-year-old
- 5 people killed after gunman opens fire in Florida bank
- ‘It literally is like getting eaten alive': Man describes being attacked by 2 pit bulls
- TRACKING: Chief Meteorologist Steve Udelson's Wednesday evening forecast
- Trio of teens arrested after 3 high schoolers hurt in shootout outside Family Dollar
© 2019 Cox Media Group.