MORGANTON, N.C. - A father has been charged with shooting his 39-year-old son early Sunday morning in a Morganton home, officials said.
Samuel Harrison, 61, is charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury, possession of a firearm by a felon and discharge of a firearm into an occupied building with the intent to incite fear.
Deputies said they responded to a home around 3 a.m. on Hilltop Avenue near Highway 181 to find 39-year-old Jeremy Harrison in a bedroom, shot in his right leg.
Jeremy was taken to a nearby hospital by Medic.
Authorities said both men were living at the house and that an argument broke out between the two of them, leading to Jeremy being shot.
Officials said they found five bullet holes in the wall and a rifle propped up against a tree behind the house after further investigation.
Samuel’s bail was set at $100,000, and he is scheduled to appear in court Sept. 9.
No other information has been released.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Body of missing 22-year-old swimmer recovered from Lake Norman
- Man killed in crash involving pickup truck, tractor-trailer in Chesterfield County
- Meet the South Carolina hurricane hunter flying into the eye of Dorian
- FORECAST: Another hot, sunny day on tap for Charlotte region
- Man arrested after allegedly killing pregnant woman, abducting children
© 2019 Cox Media Group.