One of the largest medication recalls just got bigger.
Valsartan, which is commonly used for blood pressure issues, is now under a worldwide recall.
Officials say the drug contains cancer causing chemicals.
A few weeks ago, when the initial recall was first announced, it did not include the United States and it just affected the generic version.
Now, the recall has gone global with the FDA adding three new manufacturers to the list that produce different drugs that contain Valsartan.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Store owner shoots, kills man breaking into business, police say
- FDA issues worldwide recall of common blood pressure medication
- Hundreds in the dark after vehicle takes out utility poles in east Charlotte
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Monday forecast outlook
- 'A new low': 9-year-old boy selling lemonade robbed at gunpoint
© 2019 Cox Media Group.