LAKE WYLIE, S.C. - Several fire departments battled a massive fire at a waterfront home Wednesday night in Lake Wylie, officials said.
Crews were dispatched to the fire shortly before 7 p.m. at a home on Carroll Cove.
Officials said the flames were so intense that the home was a total loss.
The family said they had just finished dinner when they heard a pop on the side of the home where the breaker box is. The power flickered, and then stayed on, so they thought everything was OK.
They said they then saw the entire side of the house on the outside was on fire. They tried to turn a hose on the flames, but said the fire was spreading too quickly.
They managed to escape but haven’t been able to find two of their cats.
Fire officials were back at the scene Thursday to investigate. They confirmed the fire started outside the house but couldn’t confirm the cause.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com
- Lake Wylie waterfront home destroyed in massive fire
- 'It's about privilege': Sheriff confronts Cornelius leaders over speeding tickets
- 'Give me everything': Masked thieves caught on video during terrifying robbery
- FORECAST: Morning mist, afternoon showers ahead of dry, warm weekend
- Mother who tried to smother baby in hospital pleads to lesser charge
© 2019 Cox Media Group.