STATESVILLE, N.C. — A second suspect has been charged with the murder of a woman in Statesville.
Jhammar Bowen, 28, was charged Friday with murder and conspiracy to commit murder.
Police found Shana Harmon, 25, dead outside an abandoned home on Eighth Street on Jan. 16. Nearly two weeks later, Qawiesha Tolliver was arrested and charged with her murder.
Officers have not said how Harmon died or why Bowen and Tolliver may have done it.
Police said the home Harmon was found at is sometimes used by people trying to avoid law enforcement.
Harmon’s family spoke with Channel 9 about the heartbreaking case.
“She deserves justice. The family deserves to know what happened. We don’t know anything. We just want answers,” her stepmother, Christi Harmon, said.
Shana Harmon’s family admits she had her demons but said she also loved her two young children.
“If anybody out there knows something, we’re just asking them to come forward and to let us bring our child home and let her rest," her father, Sammy Harmon, said.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 704-878-3406.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Pizza delivery driver fights back, shoots 3 of 4 would-be robbers, police say
- Police say 25-year-old mom found outside abandoned house was murdered
- Video of husband serenading wife before cancer surgery goes viral
- Air Jordans, UGGs among $460K in counterfeit goods seized from NC flea market
- Impeachment Trial Day One: Trial begins; live updates
© 2020 Cox Media Group