CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A frozen dessert shop known for serving up “gelato on a stick” has opened a second location in the Charlotte market.
Popbar recently added an 800-square-foot store in Concord Mills, about 17 miles northeast of uptown Charlotte. The shop, across from Sunglass Hut in the Concord mall, joins the area’s first Popbar location, which opened in Charlotte’s NoDa neighborhood in late 2016.
The Concord store is operated by franchisee Dr. Raghava Induru, who is eyeing Davidson for his second location, said Popbar co-founder Reuben BenJehuda. While a specific site hasn’t yet been nailed down, the current plan is to open there in 2020, BenJehuda said.
“Charlotte has all the right ingredients for us to be successful,” said BenJehuda, referencing the area’s favorable weather patterns and disposable personal income.
Read more here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police: Gas station clerk shot, killed during robbery in west Charlotte
- Two Charlotte Smoothie Kings under fire after receipts show racial slurs for customers names
- SC state trooper in good condition after being shot during traffic stop in Rock Hill
- FORECAST: Mild temps with low humidity kick off workweek
- New Bern teen's leg nearly bitten off in shark attack
© 2019 Cox Media Group.