CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The latest food hall tenant announced for a massive adaptive-reuse project underway in Optimist Park is a Texas-based taco concept.
Velvet Taco will occupy a 500-square-foot food stall in the Optimist Hall project near uptown Charlotte. It will be the first North Carolina location for the brand.
Dallas-based Velvet Taco pulls its flavors from around the world and prepares dishes with fresh ingredients from scratch, blending “the historic roots of inner-city taquerias” with “modern recipes.” It offers a wide array of taco varieties and creative sides in a fast-casual, unique and funky setting.
Charlotte’s White Point Partners has teamed up with Atlanta-based Paces Properties on the $60 million redevelopment project that will include retail, restaurant and office space as well as a food hall. The first wave of tenants is expected to open soon.
Read the full story here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Driver says uneven lanes on I-77 caused scary camper crash
- Sheriff's Office makes plea for civility following mugshot wisecracks
- Firefighters reunite family with beloved dog after northeast Charlotte house fire
- FORECAST: Charlotte region prepares for week of humidity, afternoon shower chances
- ESPN: Kemba Walker heading to Boston
© 2019 Cox Media Group.