• Homeowner treated for smoke inhalation after rescuing pets from house fire

    Updated:

    BURKE COUNTY, N.C. - A homeowner in Burke County had to be treated for smoke inhalation after rescuing his pets during a house fire Monday morning, according to first responders.

    Firefighters told Eyewitness News they could see heavy smoke coming from the home in Connelly Springs around 8:30 a.m.

    Paramedics said the homeowner ran back into the home to rescue three dogs but that he would be OK.

    Firefighters believe the fire started underneath the mobile home but have not pinpointed a cause.


    Next Up:


  • Headline Goes Here

    Homeowner treated for smoke inhalation after rescuing pets from house fire

  • Headline Goes Here

    Man wanted in violent crimes in Rock Hill, Chester County

  • Headline Goes Here

    Man who dropped 19 floors from uptown construction site fell out of…

  • Headline Goes Here

    Trump calls canceled summit with North Korea's Kim Jong Un 'a setback…

  • Headline Goes Here

    'The car came straight through:' Listen to 911 call moments after car…