CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Police said they've arrested a suspect after a man was found shot to death inside a truck Monday night in southwest Charlotte.
Police said Daquarius Quashon Connor, 23, is charged with second-degree murder.
(Daquarius Quashon Connor)
Officers responded to Orren Court near Nations Ford Road around 9:30 p.m. and found 43-year-old Ever Danilo Reyes-Romero, who had been shot inside a truck. Police said he died before there was a chance to get him to a hospital.
For hours, investigators talked to neighbors and collected evidence from the truck.
"This is a safe area. You see people walking, young kids, mothers and fathers walking through. This is a residential area, an area that has had its challenges, but definitely a safe area," said one neighbor.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
It's unclear if Reyes-Romero lived in the neighborhood or if he was visiting.
Police said Connor was arrested on Wednesday by the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department's Violent Criminal Apprehension Team.
He was charged after being interviewed by detectives.
Investigators are asking anyone with information about the case to call 704-432-TIPS.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Twin boys, 6, not in seatbelts die in SC crash; mom charged with DUI
- Man found shot to death inside truck in southwest Charlotte; no arrests
- Man shot, hospitalized after gunfire erupts at University City pool party
- FORECAST: Near-record heat continues with little relief in sight
- Virginia Beach revelers leave behind 10 tons of trash after Memorial Day weekend event
© 2019 Cox Media Group.