CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A man is behind bars after firing a gun in a Charlotte business, which then led police to evacuate a nearby hotel Saturday afternoon.
This happened miles from each other just after 1 p.m. along Billy Graham Parkway in southwest Charlotte, starting on South Boulevard to South Tryon.
PLS Cash and Checks said a man fired a gun inside their store then took off.
Police said they later found the suspect's car at a hotel down the street, leading officers to put that hotel on lockdown.
"I got a phone call telling me to leave the phone immediately," Rhonda McDonald, who is staying at the hotel, said. "To just keep moving and that's exactly what I did."
Officers said the suspect was not found at the hotel. They ended up finding him at a hospital, where they arrested him.
PLS released a statement saying, "We are glad that it appears that no one was injured in the incident."
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Driver intentionally hit, killed 79-year-old woman at Matthews grocery store, police say
- FOUND SAFE: Missing 2-year-old last seen outside apartments has been located and is safe
- Person dead after being hit by car in Charlotte; I-277 blocked, police say
- 'He was not evil': Family sheds light on why man left bodies of mom, aunt in home for years
- North Carolina woman creates driveway art with pressure washer
© 2019 Cox Media Group.