CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The Queen City did not fare particularly well in a new ranking of the nation’s best markets to find a job in 2019.
That ranking, in which Charlotte placed at No. 102, came courtesy of personal-finance company WalletHub, which compared 182 cities on each’s job market (accounting for 80% of the total score) and socioeconomics (making up the remaining 20%). Thirty indicators of a city’s job-market health, including job opportunities, employment growth, monthly average starting salary, unemployment rate and median annual income, were weighed before WalletHub assigned an overall score.
Charlotte trailed behind both Raleigh and Durham, which came in at No. 63 and No. 93, respectively.
There is still encouraging news to be had for Charlotteans looking for a job in the new year, as scores of companies are looking to fill out their staffs across the area.
This slideshow provides a sampling of which employers had the most local job openings advertised online as of Jan. 7.
The data comes from NCWorks Online, a branch of the North Carolina Department of Commerce — the results have been filtered in an attempt to eliminate potential duplicate job postings, therefore additional job opportunities could be available for each employer featured.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Matthews family aboard cruise ship that returned after hundreds of passengers sickened
- Shock, panic heard in 911 call after woman in vegetative state at Arizona facility gives birth
- CIAA commissioner on why Baltimore's bid for tournament beat Charlotte's
- WATCH: Meteorologist Keith Monday's Sunday forecast outlook
- 'We can't keep burying our family members': Victim identified in Charlotte's 5th homicide of 2019
© 2019 Cox Media Group.