CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Two hundred workers for a courier service at three Amazon.com Inc. facilities in North Carolina are losing their jobs this month.
A company called Inpax Final Mile Delivery Inc. alerted state officials via Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification letters that it will permanently cut positions at these locations:
Amazon facility at 3830 Parrott Drive in Charlotte, 64 employees
Amazon facility at 224 North Hoover Road in Durham, 99 employees
Amazon facility at 1805 T.W. Alexander Drive in Durham, 37 employees
The affected positions are mostly drivers, with the exception of one manager and one to three dispatchers at each location.
Read more here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com
- I-85 reopens after person struck, killed in north Charlotte crash, officials say
- Man shot to death at busy south Charlotte shopping center identified, officials say
- Wingate makes changes after students complain about ‘nasty' meals
- Teenager accused of stabbing 13-year-old jogger on Weddington trail released from jail
- FORECAST: Last day of high heat Friday, cooler temps in sight
© 2019 Cox Media Group.