CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte-Mecklenburg police have arrested a suspect after a man was found shot to death at a busy shopping center in south Charlotte.
Police said 29-year-old Quantez Bazley has been charged with murder, shooting into an occupied property causing serious bodily injury, and shooting into an occupied property.
The Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department responded to the homicide on Sharon Lakes Road off South Boulevard around 4:45 p.m. Thursday.
Medic said when they got to the scene, they found 33-year-old Alonzo Parker shot in the parking lot.
"Just a mass of people when I got here -- 35 people lined up," a witness said.
Police said the gunman threatened six other people at the shopping center before running away.
Sharon Lakes Road was shut down between South Boulevard and Waterford Lakes Drive during the police investigation.
No further information has been released.
Return to this story for updates.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com
- I-85 reopens after person struck, killed in north Charlotte crash, officials say
- Man shot to death at busy south Charlotte shopping center identified, officials say
- Wingate makes changes after students complain about ‘nasty' meals
- Teenager accused of stabbing 13-year-old jogger on Weddington trail released from jail
- FORECAST: Last day of high heat Friday, cooler temps in sight
© 2019 Cox Media Group.