LINCOLNTON, N.C. — Two Illinois men were charged Tuesday after Lincolnton officers seized 10 kilograms of cocaine worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, authorities said.
Cesar Garcia, 29, and Oscar Santana-Murillo, 22, were charged with trafficking cocaine by possession, trafficking cocaine by transportation, conspiracy to traffic cocaine by possession, conspiracy to traffic cocaine by transportation, possession with the intent to sell and deliver cocaine and conspiracy to possess with the intent to deliver cocaine.
Officers pulled over Garcia and Santana-Murillo just off East Main Street in Lincolnton when they found cocaine worth $310,000 and also $24,000 in cash.
The two men were being held at the Harven A. Crouse Detention Center with a bail set at $1 million.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Lincolnton police find $310K-worth of cocaine during traffic stop
- Charlotte Councilwoman announces she’s running for NC State Treasurer
- Sources: City agrees to provide $110M for MLS team, invites to be sent out for announcement
- WATCH: Tensions rise when councilman’s speech about murdered friend interrupted
- Cam Newton resting after surgery on injured foot
© 2020 © 2019 Cox Media Group