LOCUST, N.C. - A man reportedly robbed the Woodforest Bank inside the Walmart in Locust on Wednesday afternoon, police said.
The man handed a note to the teller around 5:10 p.m. demanding $100 bills, but the teller said there was no money in that denomination.
So, the man went to a second teller and got the money he wanted.
The robber then called the tellers amateurs before leaving, police said.
He was white, about 35 to 40 years old, and stands 6 feet tall with an average build and a beard.
The man got into a silver SUV and drove away.
A day after the bank robbery, the FBI confirmed it believes the suspect is the so-called "Ball Cap Bandit," who is wanted in connection with three other bank robberies in the area.
All four financial institutions robbed are of different owners and are in different cities in North Carolina.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Statesville tries to stop RV dealership from flying massive American flag
- Driver charged after deadly crash with bus carrying preschoolers in Stanly Co.
- 'You're in a panic': Charlotte family shaken after road rage incident
- FORECAST: Mild temps provide short term relief as heat wave approaches
- Sting operation nets 14 accused of stealing from Matthews Lowe's
© 2019 Cox Media Group.