GOLDSBORO, N.C. — Police are investigating after they say a man from Maryland drove to North Carolina to have sex with a teenage girl he met on Facebook.
Deputies said they were called to a Goldsboro home on New Year’s Day after the 15-year-old girl’s mother found her inside the house with a strange man, according to our news partner WCTI.
Alejandro Hernandez had been in contact with the teen on Facebook and drove more than 300 miles overnight from Maryland to North Carolina.
Hernandez has been charged with statutory rape and is in jail under a $250,000 secured bond.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Suspect in deadly Concord Mills Mall shooting expected to face judge
- Man accused of traveling more than 300 miles to NC, raping 15-year-old girl
- Trooper busts Charlotte Lyft driver without license, then lets him drive off
- FORECAST: Widespread showers to start Thursday, last into weekend
- Petitioners renew push to enact curfew for teens after deadly mall shooting
© 2020 Cox Media Group