ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. - A man has been arrested on suspicion of sex crimes against a child for the second time in four months, according to the Rowan Count Sheriff's Department.
Last December, Jake Kelly, 29, of Iredell County, was arrested on several charges including indecent liberties with a child and first-degree kidnapping after a 14-year-old, who was reported missing was found with him in Charlotte.
After posting bond for the charges, Kelly was released from the Rowan County Jail to await trial.
According to deputies, they were told Kelly had reached out to the victim on social media, which triggered a five-day undercover investigation where law enforcement chatted with Kelly posing as the teen.
Authorities said during the chats Kelly sent sexually explicit messages and arranged a meet up with the victim to have sex on Monday near China Grove.
When Kelly arrived at the hook up spot, deputies said he was immediately taken into custody.
Kelly has been charged with solicitation of a child by computer and two counts of dissemination of obscene material to a minor.
He is being held at the Rowan County Jail under $100,000 bond.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Convicted murderer causes $30K in damage during Sunday church service
- Leaders call for calm after CMPD releases body cam video of deadly shooting
- WATCH: Man eludes police after robbery, assault, chase through Charlotte
- FORECAST: Chilly start but temps will warm under sunny skies
- CMPD: Man led police on chase after firing 20 shots outside strip club
- Recall alert: Chewy Chips Ahoy cookies recalled
© 2019 Cox Media Group.