STATESVILLE, N.C. - A Statesville man was arrested Thursday after being accused of taking indecent liberties with a child over a span of five years.
The arrest came after an extensive investigation into allegations that Clinton Weber, 52, sexually assaulted the victim from 2012 until 2017.
According to investigators, Weber is related to the victim through marriage, and the incidents started when the child was 6 years old.
Weber was charged with 35 counts of first-degree statutory sex offense, 20 counts of first-degree attempted statutory sex offense and one count of rape of a child.
Officials said Weber was transported to Iredell County Jail and is being held under a $1 million bond.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Statesville man charged with over 50 counts of child sex crimes
- Sheriff says mother accidentally smothered baby during fatal meth overdose
- MUST SEE VIDEO: Abandoned, stolen vehicle smashes through backyard fence in north Charlotte
- WATCH: Jaclyn Shearer's Saturday forecast outlook
- 'He's going to be our guardian': Iredell Co. man killed in freak accident when tree falls onto car
© 2019 Cox Media Group.