CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The man accused of murdering an east Charlotte business owner will face a judge on Tuesday.
Tyrone Miller will make his first court appearance since being extradited back to Mecklenburg County following his arrest in Texas.
There are still a lot of questions surrounding Miller’s disappearance after the crime. Police said he targeted FixEr Wireless, a cellphone repair store, in January.
Miller is accused of shooting and killing the store owner, Elchin Khalilov, inside the store on Jan. 14.
(Miller and Khalilov)
Police told Channel 9 Khalilov had moved to the United States about five years ago to start a new life.
Shortly after the crime, detectives released surveillance video which they said showed Miller walking toward the store on North Sharon Amity Road. The FBI also offered a $15,000 reward.
Last month, Miller was caught in Dallas, Texas. Miller, who has been charged with murder and robbery, was booked overnight into the Mecklenburg County Jail.
Channel 9 will have a crew at Miller’s court appearance. Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Ardrey Kell player suspended, accused of using racial slur ahead of playoff game
- Man charged in slaying of Charlotte cellphone repair store owner back in NC
- ‘He punched me so hard’: Woman recounts attack outside South End CVS
- FORECAST: Temps plunge across Carolinas as big blast of cold air moves in
- $1.5B jackpot winner reflects on 'act of kindness' before buying winning ticket
© 2019 Cox Media Group.