LANCASTER COUNTY, S.C. - Officials are searching for a suspect accused of fatally shooting a man Saturday night during a house party in Lancaster County.
Witnesses told police several people were at a house party on East Arch Street in Lancaster when Michael Chavis Jr., 29, opened a door from inside the home and opened fire, striking a man standing outside.
Officials told Channel 9's South Carolina bureau reporter Greg Suskin the victim was later found shot to death in the backyard of the home.
Lancaster County Coroner Karla Deese later identified the victim as 26-year-old Jamal Gladden. Deese said an autopsy is scheduled for Monday morning.
Chavis has been charged with murder and possession of a firearm during the commission of a violent crime.
Police said he is believed to be armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information concerning the shooting or the location of Chavis is asked to contact the Lancaster Police Department at 803-283-3313.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'Sad to see this happen': Massive flames gut Statesville church
- Homeowner: Mooresville Airbnb guest shot confronting break-in suspects
- 9 investigates: Tainted gasoline complaints on the rise across NC
- FORECAST: Damp and dreary start to the work week
- Trial set to begin for man accused of murder during 2016 Charlotte riots
© 2019 Cox Media Group.